Pizza dinner (flier) with hot cocoa-fueled discussions need YOU to be the best they can be. Please let us know if you plan on coming by calling 216-671-2710 ext. 216 or emailing Vanessa, our youth development director. All youth who attend one meeting will be entered into a raffle for movie tickets and popcorn at AMC Theaters!
Meetings already scheduled that need YOUR participation:
- Jan. 22, Riverside Park Estates Community Center, 5:30-7pm, 17800 Parkmount Ave.
- Jan. 26, Schools as Neighborhood Resources (SNR) at Artemus Ward School, 6:15pm-7:45pm, 4315 W. 140th st.
- Jan. 29, Robinson G. Jones, 5-6:30pm, 4550 W. 150th St.
- Feb. 3rd, John Marshall High School,3:45-5pm, 13501 Terminal Ave.
We will also be collecting information through surveys, which you will be able to find at www.bpdc.org in January.
Our last West Park MyCom neighborhood youth development plan was done in 2009 – 5 years ago! A lot has happened– babies who were born that year are now old enough to be involved in MyCom programs!
In January and February of 2015 Bellaire-Puritas Development Corporation will be holding six public meetings throughout West Park to collect community input for a new Neighborhood Youth Development Plan. As West Park’s lead agency for the county-wide MyCom initiative, BPDC will be leading the effort to develop a plan that will address key focus areas such as:
- youth employment,
- out-of-school-time programs,
- youth engagement,
- neighborhood engagement,
- school transitions
- and other areas that youth and community members feel are important.
The input from these community meetings will be combined with input from staff and volunteers at neighborhood youth-serving agencies and schools to create a comprehensive strategic plan for improving educational and personal development opportunities for West Park’s youth.