UPDATE! The January class is full, but we’ll have another one at the end of winter or beginning of spring, so call and get on the waiting list for that announcement!
Get the tools you need to start your business as a babysitter, or prepare for jobs with summer camps or other childcare programs with a free course at the West Park-Fairview Family YMCA.
The American Red Cross Babysitting Certification Course is Saturday January 23rd from 10am-3pm and is for youth ages 11 and up. It is normally $75 but is FREE with advance registration.
Participants will learn:
- How to care for infants, toddlers and school-aged children
- The business of babysitting including how to keep yourself safe
- How to create a safe & positive environment and prevent injuries
- Age appropriate activities and games
- How to communicate with parents and children
- Basic CPR and First Aid skills.
The YMCA is located at 15501 Lorain Ave., however as West Park MyCom is partnering with the YMCA to put on this free offering, registration is through Bellaire-Purtas Development Corporation youth development director, Vanessa Lange. Check out www.bpdc.org to download the registration forms or call her at 216-671-2710 ext. 218 for more details or if you want to register.