IMMEDIATE POSITION AVAILABLE
Partners for Student Success (P4SS)
Afterschool Program Coordinator
The Bellaire Puritas Development Corporation (BPDC), in tandem with Artemus Ward (Pre K-8) School and the Greater Cleveland Neighborhood Centers Association, (GCNCA), is implementing a 21st Century Learning Center program (Partners For Student Success). Located on West 140th Street, just blocks from BPDC offices, the Program Coordinator would work for BPDC to provide academic enrichment assistance and career exploration activities afterschool for the 6-8th grade students of the school.
This is a one-year grant-funded position during the school year and summer programming up to June 30, 2017 with the possibility of renewal.
Send resume and cover letter describing your interest (required) by email to:
No phone calls please. All applications will be acknowledged. Background check required. Competitive hourly wage.
The position summary and details are as follows:
- Recruit students to the program, including outreach to school, parents, and community through various communication methods and materials.
- Enroll students including managing files for each student meeting P4SS standards
- Manage the P4SS program to achieve:
- Student improvement in reading and math
- Student improvement in social and emotional competencies
- Parent engagement in student success
- Staff engaged in school community
- Create experiences for college and career awareness
- Develop monthly and daily calendar of activities for after school and summer programming for students.
- Identify community organizations, educational institutions, individuals, artists, recreational organizations, etc. which offer learning opportunities
- Develop at least monthly programming engaging parents.
- Supervise staff and volunteers
- Actively recruit volunteers for the P4SS program
- Coordinate with partners, contractors, consultants, and other entities providing program services
- Actively seek partners for the site’s program who can provide in-kind services, equipment and materials
- Monitor student retention to achieve the minimum 21st CCLC regular attendee goal for the program (A regular attendee is a student who attends 30 days of programming) and the P4SS goal of a student attending 60 days of programming.
- Establish and maintain communication with the school’s principals and staff in order to incorporate their identified priorities and needs into programming for students.
- Collect data and submit reports required to measure program effectiveness
- Coordinate with staff of GCNCA to assure that the program is complying with all standards of a 21st CCLC funded by the Ohio Department of Education and the policies and procedures of GCNCA’s P4SS program.
- Attend meetings and trainings for P4SS Site Coordinators and related staff.
- Participate as a member of the P4SS Program Evaluation Team for the site.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field.
- Three to five years directly serving youth through teaching and/or conducting activities through out-of-school time programming
- Experience supervising staff and/or volunteers
- Previous experience working with diverse populations (racial/ethnic, socioeconomic, gender, age and education levels)
- Excellent communication skills; oral and written and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated initiative to plan, organize, and implement services
- Willingness to “jump into action” wherever necessary to accomplish required tasks
- Computer literate with the Microsoft Office Suite in particular Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must meet the criminal background check requirements to work in a State of Ohio licensed child care center
- Valid driver’s license. Good driving record