Four Ways to
…and celebrate it all year long (there’s something for everyone wherever you’re at!)
- Volunteer at R.G. Jones Elementary and be a part of the reinvestment there or with our programs at Artemus Ward Elementary.
- Volunteer with our adult educator at the BPDC Computer Lab, Tracey by helping adults study for the GED, look for work, or learn a new skill on a computer.
- Volunteer with our youth employment programs by offering your time to share the story of your careertrack or your contacts to hire youth by contacting Ian or Vanessa at BPDC.
- Volunteer on an issue or event committee. See options here.
- Check in on your elderly neighbors!
- Donate now here and then tell all your friends that they can give, too. Your support funds equipment to help senior continue to live independently in their home and programs and training for youth to grow and participate in our community, from Pre-K to adulthood.
- Ask your workplace if they match your donations. (Many do if you ask.) You can search for your employer on this site to find out about matching donations you may not have even known exist!
- Don’t forget the “tell all your friends” part. Use our social media to find messages to share: www.facebook.com/bellairepuritas or www.twitter.com/bellairepuritas
- Tell your relatives this holiday season about all the things you enjoy about living/working/studying/shopping/entertaining/walking your dog in West Park.
- Recommend a location in West Park for your next office meeting/retreat/happy hour/industry conference/celebration.
- Organize your network to improve a small corner of the neighborhood or to start something new and engaging like the Friends of Jefferson Park did or write a grant (#11 on this list).
- Share Giving Tuesday on your online network. #GivingTuesday
Thank you in advance for all that you do for the community all year round!
Drop us a note to let us know what’s going on in your neck of the neighborhood and how we can be supportive of positive developments.