Run Puritas volunteering
Thank you for your interest!
To make the Run Puritas 5K/1Mi (a charity race) a success, we need many individuals along the course and at the starting/finishing areas to add excitement and hospitality to the event. If you or your organization would like to participate and provide service to our community, please visit our volunteer registration website to view roles and register for one or more.
A few things you need to know before volunteering:
- The Run Puritas is rain or shine, so please dress for the weather.
- All volunteers are asked to pick up a course map, receive a brief orientation, and a t-shirt sometime between 4-6pm Thursday, May 4th and Friday, May 5th at BPDC‘s office, 14703 Puritas Ave., Cleveland, Ohio 44135.
- Volunteers under 18 years of age on race day must have a parent or guardian complete the registration waiver.
- Volunteers under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children under the age of 10 are not permitted to volunteer or accompany registered volunteers.
- Each volunteer will receive a commemorative race shirt (size availability limited and not guaranteed).
- Most volunteer positions are not very physical, but set-up and clean-up would require some lifting. Be sure to read the job description before signing up to volunteer.
- Due to the unpredictability of race day, please understand that some volunteers may need to be reassigned at check-in to fill more critical areas.
- Course marshal volunteers need to check-in for a 7:30am meeting at the race starting area (the front parking lot of 13812 Bellaire Road) on the event day.